What are Cookies
- Allow the site to function correctly and to help keep it secure.
- Make the site easier to use by remembering information that you’ve entered, to recognise you as a site user and to personalise your visit.
- Collect basic information about the way you have used the site.
The cookies may also allow QBP to record additional information on the webpages you have visited and the contents of those webpages, any information you input, your referring URL or IP address, your time of visit and related session information, your requested page, web browser type, USR agent, status of request (successful reply), cookies, number of bytes in the response, and query string and any information or technical detail your browser is sending to us.
QBP uses this information to better understand website usage in the aggregate so that we know what areas of our website users prefer. This information is stored in log files and is used for statistical reporting and in limited circumstances to prevent fraudulent claims.
How do we use them?
We use two classifications of cookies:
- Cookies that are defined as “strictly necessary” are required to help keep data safe. They allow you to move between different pages on our site. They also help to keep your details secure
- Cookies that are defined as “not strictly necessary”. This type of cookie helps us improve the performance of our site. They tell us how pages are used, which ones are commonly viewed and help us piece together a full picture of a typical customer journey through the site. They also tell us if any errors occur.
There are three types of cookies on our websites which fall under the two classifications:
- Session cookies
- Persistent cookies
- Third party cookies
A session cookie exists only while the user is reading and navigating the website. Session cookies enable users to carry out essential tasks on our site, without them the site will not function correctly. This type of cookie expires as soon as you exit the browser you are using to view our website.
A persistent cookie will outlast a user’s session. This could be used to record a vital piece of information such as how the user initially came to this website or to record details about the last browsing session on the site. For this reason persistent cookies are also called tracking cookies.
Third party cookies
QBP monitors this information to gather data about repeat visitors to our site and their user experience. This helps us ensure that improvements are consistently made to our sites based on your experiences. Google also reserve the rights to the data collected.
The Google Analytics features implemented by QBP include Remarketing and Double Click. These tools are used to advertise online, where the information obtained is used to inform, optimise, and advertise based on past visits to our site. These advertisements may be shown on sites across the Internet.
Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display and customise Google Display Network ads through the following link https://www.google.com/settings/ads.
How to disable your cookies
For more information on cookies and cookie legislation, please visit the following sites:
What details do we collect and why?
Subject to data protection laws, we will use the information you provide through the QBP website, or which is otherwise collected from you or third parties, whether online or offline, for various purposes depending on our relationship with you and/or the person you represent.
For example, this may include (as applicable):
- to register you as a user of the QBP website,
- to send information you request,
- to send you marketing information about products and/or services.
We will do this at a local company level as appropriate (further details below) and this will be carried out subject to applicable law. We may use this personal information for our business processes and activities including analysis.
We may use the details you supply to us to provide you with information about our products and services.
How we might contact you?
From time to time we may contact you using the information you have provided in relation to our products and services in any of the following ways:
- by phone
- by post
- by email
- by sms
Why might we contact you?
- about an enquiry you have made;
- with relevant products or services offers;
- to ask for your feedback/views on the products & services we provide;
- where there is another genuine reason for doing so.
If you have any questions about this notice you should contact us at Quinn Building Products Gortmullan, Derrylin, Co. Fermanagh, BT92 9AU or firstname.lastname@example.org